HOW TO EXTEND YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY LIFE
Laptop batteries can last long if you can adjust the power settings. This can be done in several ways but this is the simplest way that you can extend your laptop battery.
ADJUST YOUR POWER SETTINGS
Windows XP offers two power schemes designed for laptops and other portable PCs:
The Portable/Laptop power scheme reduces power use to conserve battery life, but adjusts as your processing needs change so system speed isn’t sacrificed. The Max Battery power scheme also minimizes power use but doesn’t adjust to changing processing demands. This setting is meant for situations requiring minimal processing, such as reading documents or taking notes. To switch from the Portable/Laptop power scheme to Max Battery:
1. Click Start > click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, verify that you’re in Category view, and then click
Performance and Maintenance.
3. In the Performance and Maintenance window, click Power Options.
4. On the Power Schemes tab of the Power Options Properties dialog box, click the arrow under Power Schemes, and then click Max Battery.
5. Click OK.
FOR WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS 8
1. Click on the battery icon below at the right corner of the desktop screen.
2. Select “HP recommended”.
Another method is:
– Reduce the volume of your PC.
– Reduce the screen brightness.
– Uninstall software that you are not using.
– Switch off your Bluetooth and Wifi network of your PC.